2nd December 2021
Building on Novembers’ discussion, this second event focused on the ways local authorities and third sector organisations are making cash and financial support more accessible and beneficial for people facing food insecurity.
We delved into the learning from the ‘Flexible Food Fund’ in Moray and Argyll & Bute, and took a look at wider examples and approaches. Participants had an opportunity to consider what else the Scottish Government should include in its new National Plan for Ending the Need for Food Banks.
- Event slides PDF
- Slides: Moray Council (November 2021) Flexible Food Fund Scheme
- Report: Gordon, K., Loopstra, R., Goldberg, B. and Lambie-Mumford, H., (2021) ‘Moray Case Study, Mapping local responses: March to August 2020’
- Article: Moray Council’s Flexible Food Fund
- Slides: Argyll & Bute Council (July 2021) Flexible Food Fund – supporting our communities
- Slides: Argyll & Bute Council in partnership with Bute Advice Centre, ALIenergy and the Community Food Forum (November 2021) Flexible Food Fund Project