Local food strategy consultation 2021
The Scottish Government is currently consulting on their future plan for local food, Local Food for Everyone, but what does ‘local food’ mean to you and how can ‘everyone’ access it? Scottish Government’s new local food plan holds an important opportunity to have a positive impact on the well-being of communities, economies and the environment right across Scotland – and beyond.
Nourish will be supporting this consultation by working with regional partners to host workshops that will give you the opportunity to explore what a local food plan could mean for where you live and find out what’s already happening in your region. It will also provide a guide for you to complete your own consultation questionnaire and encourage others to do the same.
During this workshop we will ask:
- Why is local food important?
- What do we want to see from a Local Food Plan, both nationally and locally?
- How can Scotland grow more of what it eats and eat more of what it grows?
- How can a local food plan improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in Scotland?
- How can a local food plan make the maximum positive impact on our environment and biodiversity?
We are working in partnership with Scottish Government which will ensure that the outcomes of these workshops feed in directly to the consultation process.
These workshops are open to everyone, whether you work or have an interest in food…or just eat it!
Find your local workshop
- Aberdeen: 27th October 2 – 4pm (email Martin for information)
- Angus: 15th November, 6 – 8pm in person event
- Arran: 17th November, in person event 6 – 7.30pm (email Jess for information)
- Clackmannanshire: 12th November, 9.30 -11am (registration details tbc)
- Dumfries & Galloway: 26th October, 4.30 – 6pm
- Dundee: 15th November, 6 – 8pm in person event
- Edinburgh: 17th November, 2.00 – 3.30pm
- Fife: 16th November, 10-11.30am (email Carolyn for information)
- Glasgow: 26th October, 10 -11.30am
- Highland: 4th October, 6 – 8pm
- North Ayrshire: 17th November, 7 – 8.30pm
- Perth & Kinross: 28th October, 9.30 – 11am
- South Lanarkshire: 28th October, 2 – 3.30pm
- Stirling: 27th October, 10 -12pm (in person event)
Please check back regularly for more details on workshops in your area.
If you would like to host a workshop or for more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org