Making it easier for everyone to eat more veg
The UK-wide Peas Please initiative brings together farmers, retailers, caterers, manufacturers, government departments, and Local Authorities with a common goal of making it easier for everyone to eat veg.
Our diets now pose the greatest threat to our health and well-being. Our food environment urgently needs to change to support us to eat healthier. To decrease the risk of diet related diseases, we need to be eating at least one more portion of veg per day.
Education and 5-a-day messaging have had little impact on veg intake, so Peas Please invites businesses and public authorities to step up to the plate and take concrete actions to make veg the easy and tasty choice.
Make a pledge for more veg
We invite Scotland based caterers, venues and food companies to make pledges for how they will make veg the easy choice. We are looking for trailblazers leading the way towards healthier food trends in Scotland.
Do you want to…
- meet the growing demand for more vegetables?
- get publicity as a forward thinking company?
- increase your profits?
- decrease your carbon footprint?
- help people live healthier lives?
If yes, we would love to hear from you!
Take action on (some of) the 5 Ps in our pod:
- Pleasure – making our veg delicious whenever we eat it and connecting us to where our veg comes from
- Producers – growing veg sustainably at all different scales
- Prices that work for producers and consumers
- Products – new ways of getting veg into what we buy and eat every day
- Placement – more prominence in shops and on menus, more places to buy it in towns and cities
Below are resources developed by Peas Please to help retailers, food service businesses, and Local Authorities or food partnerships learn about successful ways to promote veg. These can be used to develop your own personalised pledge.