Food Thinkers Christmas Special: the UK launch of the 2018 Global Nutrition Report
Guest speakers include:
- The Rt Hon Alistair Burt MP, Minister of State for International Development
- Dr Jessica Fanzo, Senior Nutrition and Food Systems Officer in the Nutrition and Food Systems Division (ESN) of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and GNR Co-Chair
- Professor Corinna Hawkes, Director, Centre for Food Policy, City, University of London and GNR Co-Chair
- Dr Johanna Ralston, CEO, World Obesity Federation
- Gwen Hines, Executive Director for Global Programmes at Save the Children
We are delighted to invite you to the Food Thinkers Christmas Special panel discussion for the UK launch of the 2018 Global Nutrition Report.
The launch will focus specifically on the impact of unhealthy diets as a cause of ill health around the world. Stressing the importance of diet, the panel will discuss not only the effects of unhealthy diets, but also the interventions needed at both a national and global level to facilitate positive outcomes.
Following the panel discussion, Q&A will be opened to the audience.
Please then join us for a festive networking reception taking place in the Pavillion.
The Global Nutrition Report
The Global Nutrition Report is the world’s foremost publication on the status of malnutrition around the world. It acts as a stock-take on the world’s nutrition – globally, regionally and country by country – and on efforts to improve it. It tracks progress on global nutrition targets, ranging from diet-related non-communicable diseases to maternal, infant and young child nutrition.
The 2018 Report reviews existing processes, highlights progress in combating malnutrition, identifies challenges and proposes ways to solve them. Through this, the report guides action, builds accountability and sparks increased commitment to furthering the progress that can reduce malnutrition much faster.